Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lamb Hotpot Celebration

My Taiwan crew decided we should all go out for lamb hotpot as a farewell celebration to see me off and to celebrate my time here with new friends.  The famous lamb hot pot they always talked about was the destination. I'd never been before but I like both lamb and hotpot so the combo must be good!



The restaurant was near the Jhong Li night market and Johan had the absolute worst time finding parking. I think it took him close to 1 hour to finally find a place far away and then to walk back to the restaurant.

We had a mini celebration when he arrived and sat down at the table. While waiting for him we had already picked what we wanted to order so the food came pretty quick.  A big pot of soup and lamb was placed on our table over top of the burner which started bubbling after a few minutes.



For extras we ordered two really delicious satay lamb dishes, a whole bunch of different leafy vegetables, and the special tofu cheese red lamb sauce.

Oh yes, and I should mention the smell!  Lamb hot pots always have a unique smell to regular hot pots. Just walking past one in the street you can tell easily if it's lamb or not.

Everything tasted delicious as I knew it would and we had some apple sidra for drink. I toasted to my friend because I wanted them to know that I've had the time of my life in Taiwan and I know it's directly because of their friendship and unending generosity. I love you guys and I will be back so see you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment