Thursday, August 19, 2010

Scooter Practice

Ali had to go to the HSR to pick up Niki and I asked if I could join him, except on the scooter behind his car :D He said that's no problem as long as I'm safe!  I followed him to the HSR and it was the first time I'd been on a scooter with actual other vehicles around me.  Now keep in mind it's 10pm at night, and we're in the country.  So by "other vehicles" I mean Ali's car, maybe 2 other cars and a scooter. lol.  And the ride is less than 5 min away.

I ended up surprising Niki by showing up on the scooter while Ali hid around the backside of a 7-11 delivery truck.  She was saying "where's Ali!  where's Ali!"  and then he popped up around behind her :)  Anyways he snapped a picture of me while I was on the scooter and then I rode off to practice my scootering skills.


Ali gave me permission to go anywhere I wanted, so I thought I'd start by driving to the places I knew around the area.  I drove by the baseball stadium that Ali took me to in my first week, and then rode along the MRT construction line to a park with a small lake in it.  

I snapped some photos and proceeded to ride back by the house, and then past it to the MetroWalk Mall.  The driving was smooth with very traffic and I felt safe because I had the cell phone with me and the GPS if I really needed it.  Even at some point along the road to the Metro Walk the song "just cruisin'" by Will Smith popped into my head.  Damn I'm cool! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment